Delhi Daredevils VS Deccan Chargers
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Overview of the Match
On current form it might appear that Deccan are already out of the tournament, but if they win the rest of their matches and other results go their way, they can still make a push for a semi-final spot. For that to happen, though, Deccan must significantly spruce up their act - they were woeful in the field during their previous match, against Kolkata. Their big stars have failed to get their act together too, but going by their track record so far, an away game gives them the best chance of success - they've won two out of five away matches, but lost all four at home.
Deccan Chargers: P9, W2, L7, NRR -0.352
What to Watch for….
• Herschelle Gibbs - 46 runs in five innings are hardly the kind of stats that do him justice. If he gets a start, Delhi's bowlers will have their hands full
• Gilchrist v McGrath and Asif. The contest was won by the bowlers in their previous encounter - Asif bowled Gilchrist for 8. Will Gilchrist turn the tables this time?
Stats and trivia
• Adam Gilchrist and Rohit Sharma have contributed 45% of the total runs off the bat scored by Deccan.
• The Deccan bowlers have struggled to contain batsmen in the last five overs, conceding 10.96 per over and 27.14 per wicket. Delhi concede 9.06, and average 17.90 runs per wicket.
• Among bowlers who have bowled at least 20 overs in the tournament, Glenn McGrath is the only one to concede less than one run per ball.